SaveSave

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Some Sweet Prepping


I am very close to the end of a wonderful summer break. I have started prepping and organising some new activities for small group learning. I made a new box just for play dough mats and have laminated my new Valentine Subtraction activity. 


I am using labels from my Classroom Labels set to label my boxes and tubs this year. I have added an 'editable' file to this packet, so you can now type and print labels for your classroom in a range of sizes. 


In the Valentine Subtraction activity, your little learners will gain valuable fine motor practise in making twenty chocolates for their chocolate box.


They will then model the subtraction process by removing some chocolates from the box. As with all my 'Fun Play Dough' packets, there is a short rhyme for your students to say as they roll the dough. I have found this helps students stay focused and get into the rhythm of rolling and modelling the dough. 

They can record their subtraction action on the worksheet. 


In other exciting news, today I acquired this little bundle of fun. I love that it can be rolled up and packed away quickly. 


I am going to use it as a small group spelling activity - most probably for sight word revision. 


It is big enough for multiple students to work on at the same time, and has fun magic markers to write with. The cleaning wand is AMAZING! The pen cleans off in seconds. 


If you are interested in buying one for your classroom, it is called "Doodle Magic" and it is made by Crayola. I think it would be perfect hanging up on the wall as well. 


Thank you so much for stopping by today - don't forget to enter my TpT gift voucher giveaway - toady and every day!

1 comment:

Grade School Giggles said...

I love your bin labels. They look so crisp and colorful.
✿April✿
Grade School Giggles