SaveSave

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Lego / Legos Storage


My daughter has been LOVING Lego (do you say Legos in the US?) for the last 3 years. We have accumulated quite a bit. It makes an excellent gift, and when people ask me what to buy her - I say 'Lego'! She is VERY good at building things. I pass all credit over to my hubby - he got her started and had the patience to sit and teach her the basics.

We have been looking for a good storage solution for a while. We have tried just about everything. At lest we have found something that I think will be perfect. Drawers! On wheels! Portable. Easy to hide when guests come over. And best yet, you can slide the drawers out and carry them to a work space. 




I think we covered just about all the options to sort her Lego. You can download the labels I used from google drive HERE if you would like to make your own Lego drawers!

11 comments:

Mrs Poultney said...

Oh the lego storage nightmare. This I love, we have been through 2 different ways to store lego, it is getting harder now with the lego ninjago and transformers etc. I like this idea though.

Tania
Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

Julie Stowe said...

I think everyone must have a Lego storage story to share. Drawers definitely worked best at our house, cute little labels would have made me happier though. Go the maths spacial understanding through Lego play!
Julie :-)
Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

Mrs. Schlickbernd said...

One of our summer projects was to organize my 7 year old son's Legos. Wouldn't you know, we used two of the same drawer carts that you did, only his have black drawers. My dad cut a long piece of plywood that slides under the handles and spans across the two drawers. I covered it with some contact paper, found a $3 bar stool at a garage sale, and now he has storage and a work space in one! Great minds think alike! :)

Mrs. Schlickbernd said...

I forgot to add, we also sorted by color, figures, etc. and I used my Cricut to cut labels for the drawers. I Mod-Podged them on.

dbednars said...

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

Nicole said...

Love this idea! Where did you get your shelves? I love the look of these ones!

Terra Huber said...

Where did you find your storage/bins? We would love something like that at our house!

Terra Huber said...

Where did you find your storage/bins? We would love something like that at our house!

Mel - From the Pond said...

I got mine at a shop in Australia called Officeworks :) I have also seen them at Big W

Gabrielle said...

Very cute, thanks for sharing the labels!

Artur said...

My daughter has been LOVING Lego (do you say Legos in the US?) for the last 3 years. We have accumulated quite a bit. It makes an excellent ... ilegostorage.blogspot.com