SaveSave

Saturday, 15 August 2015

Five for Friday - 14th August


Five for Friday time my friends! A time when it is perfect to be random! 

1. Sandpit Play.

I take my 3 year old son to a fun little play group each week and his favourite activity is the sandpit. That little patch of sun in the corner. That is my spot. 


2. School

For a change, I thought about school a bit this week. 
Hope you can hear the sarcasm there. It is has actually been on my mind for a large part of my life. 

Perhaps you are similar to me, in that, at times you wonder if you have been 'at school' too long. You know, it has become such an integral part of who you are... and you wonder who you would be without it. 

So many thoughts. About school. It can start to become more complicated than it needs to be, the more you think. 

I have been listening to teachers on Periscope the last few weeks (love). One scope touched on workplace bullying in schools. You know, the elephant in the room. The thing we know happens, but can't talk about. 

One thing for sure that has blessed my life is this 'blogging world' - TpT - Facebook teacher groups, Periscope and the like. Pathetic little snarky bullies no longer worry me. They actually amuse me. I laugh internally as I juxtapose their feeble attempts at catty nastiness to the enormous energy of the  positive, supportive powerful online teacher community. 

I urge you to read my friend Jennifer's post - Finding Your Marigold and to also connect with the online teaching community if you struggle in your own workplace. 

Believe that goodness and truth will always outshine and prosper. Always. 

Keep it simple. Some people are wonderful, supportive, positive, energetic, passionate colleagues. And some are not. 



3. Spring is Coming

I did a 10km walk by the lake for charity with my daughter's school this week. A more perfect day could not have been wished for. Gorgeous. Spring is almost here. 



4. Mary Poppins

We saw a live production of Mary Poppins today. It was  supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus.



5. Preach

LOVE these posters and LOVE the message. Head to Herding Cats in Kindergarten to snag these little beauties for FREE


Head over to the lovely Kacey's blog for more Friday randomness! 


7 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome post and the Marigold article was perfect! THANK YOU!

Carrie H said...

I love, love, love the posters! Too cool, thanks for sharing! Kids are not made for sitting still, especially in Kindergarten!

Sandy Welch said...

I enjoyed reading the Marigold article. I've been teaching a long, long time and still can't wait to get to school every morning. It's the kids who make my day joyful and I steer clear of the negative adults!

JanCT said...

Thanks so much for sharing that article. I'm so thankful that I have many, many marigolds at my school and only a very few walnut trees. Thanks again! Have a great year.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Katie Byrd said...

Thank you Mel, for all your positivity and your fun Friday "randomness." I love the Marigold article and the posters, too! I work at a great little school where our principal is the walnut tree, so I am always seeking out marigolds to help me keep my light shining bright. Thank you for being one of them.
xoxoxo
Katie
Mrs. Byrd's Learning Tree

Zay Parra said...

Spring is coming your way and Fall is getting here! I am so fascinated with all the amazing changes in the world! The posters about the kids being kids are PRECIOUS! Thank you for sharing!!!

Magically in First

Mrs. Jones Teaches said...

Mary Poppins sounds fun. I love plays. Was it a musical?
Sounds like you had a good week!
Have a great weekend too,
Sarah :)