Monday, 29 October 2012

Printable Bat Mask

 
My daughter and I had a little 'bat' activity filled afternoon. She asks me all day if we can do 'school work' - can February come any sooner!? She as been very interested in learning about the THOUSANDS of fruit bats that fly over our house every evening. I have promised her that we will research it and find out where they are all flying to each evening.
 
We made this printable bat mask. Just print, colour, cut and stick to a paddle pop stick. You can download it free from google docs, by clicking on the image below.
 
 
We read these books from our home library.
 
 
Then completed some activities from Deanna Jump's latest unit on bats
 
We played this cute '-at word' game -  spin a beginning sound and add it to the 'at' word family to make a word. My daughter LOVED the nonsense words. You can find these activities in Deanna's unit on TpT HERE
 
 
 
ALong with some other sellers on TeacherspayTeachers, I'm having a sale in my TpT store on the 31st! Head over and add some items to your wishlist if you would like a Spooktacular discount!


6 comments:

Stefanie Galvin said...

I love your bat mask!

My class spent most of today begging me to let them learn about bats (so I think that's what we'll do next week!) and they'll love your mask, too.

I also had to let you know that I totally used your Wombat Stew activity in my room last week (and finally remembered to take a photo!). Thanks for such a great idea!

Stef

Mel FromthePond said...

Thanks so much for letting me know Stef! I am so glad you think you can use this :)

Ann Shepard said...

Cute, Mel!!

Lisa Mattes said...

Happy to have found you! I'm your newest follower!
Growing Firsties

Lucia13 said...

the bat mask is sooo cute

Thank you
Lusine

Enjoy Teaching English

Melanie - From the Pond said...

Thanks so much everyone for stopping by and leaving comments :)