Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Crazy Ladybugs - Revised Free Graphics


Today I spent some of Valentine's Day with my gorgeous little lady "Miss 4", who is so excited about the upcoming arrival of her baby sister or brother. She made me a gorgeous Valentine at preschool, and wrote "I love you Mum", it was very sweet. We talked about Valentine's Day and eventually played a game where we looked for as many red things that we could find in her toy room. We also settled on some lovely ladybug story books (and non-fiction) to read - as let's face it, I am all in favour of lying on the lounge with my ever-expanding feet and ankles elevated - and reading books to my sweetie is perfect when lying on the lounge. The Bad Tempered Ladybird was her favourite.


We made this giant Ladybug Tic-Tac-Toe game from a sheet of red card, and coloured paper. I run a preschool art class at my local church, and tomorrow we are playing this game ahead of making some individual smaller versions (see below). The lines were made with masking tape. My Miss 4 L-O-V-E-D winning at Tic-Tac-Toe and she beat me 4 games to 2!


Here is a little version of the Tic-Tac-Toe game that we will make tomorrow at art class. Hopefully the little-ones will have fun making their ladybug game and then playing the game with Mum or Dad.

I cut the red shape from a foam sheet and have used glitter glue to draw the lines, pipe cleaners to make the legs, and sticky googly eyes. I stuck everything down at the back with masking tape and then glued the entire ladybug to another sheet of foam. I am giving the little ones foam shapes (flowers and stars) to use as "counters" for the game, as they are inexpensive.


I revised a set of Crazy Ladybug graphics that we used to have listed in our Teaching Resource store on TpT, before I created the graphics store. I have made them 300dpi and made them bigger - so if you downloaded them before, you might want this better quality version! Feel free to use them WITHIN your teaching documents and files along with a simple credit to us. Please check with me before adding an actual graphic to your website or blog.

Click HERE to download from TpT








6 comments:

Mrs. Coe said...

I will be using these! Thanks so much!

Elizabeth said...

Love these!
Thanks,
Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

S. Parker said...

Love these!

Melanie - From the Pond said...

Thank you for leaving some comments :) Love reading your blogs too!

meadowt said...

Love these< Thanks for sharing!
Barbara
happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I love your graphics! So cute! Thanks for the updated ladybugs. Adorable.

I just started to follow you. Looking forward to reading more.