Everyone belongs

We celebrate that everyone belongs in Australia on Harmony Day - 21 March. In the free library of the Pond Coloring Club today I have added a page for your students to finish drawing. They can add faces and features to create a page full of children who belong! 

everyone belongs coloring page

While you're over at the coloring club, you'll also see a rainbow craft for students to make. They can talk about the things they are good at and celebrate them by writing one on each of the rainbow colors. 

harmony day craft

They will record next to:
  • I am good at ...
  • My friends think I am good at ...
  • My family thinks I am good at ...
  • My teacher thinks I am good at ...
  • I want to be good at...
It is always very special in the classroom to have each student come before their peers and take suggestions from the class on what the student 'is good at'. Have you ever done this? It is always insightful and builds class community. Most children beam with happiness when they realise their friends have noticed things about them that they perhaps have not. 

rainbow writing about me

If you're not yet a member of our coloring club, we'd love to have you!


Here is another post with ideas for Harmony Day!

You may also like: