Rainbow Window Art


Today I drew big bright happy rainbows on our playroom window. I used liquid chalk pens, which were so easy to use and will wipe off easily when we want to change to a new design.

Here are some thing to consider if you would like to do this project:
  • I drew one large rainbow as a central focal point on each window and them scattered little rainbows around
  • I applied a few strokes for thickness but once dry it was difficult to add more color on the same stroke line - so get it nice and thick on first application
  • I did all the pink first for each rainbow, then moved on to yellow for every rainbow - this batching saved time
  • the bigger pens worked better for a large window
  • make the final stroke for each color come from the base and finish at the center top of each rainbow. I found when I finished at the base of a rainbow, the liquid would run and a long drip would trickle down the window. Easily cleaned up, but easier to finish at the top. The drip then ran back down the rainbow stroke and contribute to the rainbow. Bonus! 
  • A few people over on Instagram asked me about the book boxes on our shelf. They are Story Boxes from Elizabeth Richards, turned sideways. 


Do your little ones love rainbows? Hop over to our website to grab this rainbow coloring page for FREE!