My sweet little man wanted to go to Kmart this afternoon. How did I not see this coming?!
Who was I to deny such a delightful way to spend an hour or so?
We found these awesome jumbo playing cards. Heeeeeeeello teacher-treasure!
Here are some of the games we are going to play:
1. Snap the same number
2. Snap - the number that comes AFTER the card played
3. Snap the number that comes BEFORE the card played
4. Snap a total of 10
WITH A PILE OF CARDS
1. Flip over the top card and say the number
2. Flip and say the number that comes after the card number.
3. Flip and say the number that comes before the card number.
4. Flip and add 1, 2 or 3 to the card number.
5. Flip and subtract 1, 2 or 3 (if possible) from the card number.
6. Flip and double the card number.
1. Flip a card and count the symbols
2. Flip and count to the number and one more.
3. Flip and count to the number and two more.
4. Flip and count from the number shown to 10.
4. Flip and count from the number shown to 20.
There are so many more ways to use playing cards for numeracy. The best thing is that are prepped and ready to go. Teach you children that the ace is used for one and remove the face cards.
I hope you are having a fabulous week, thanks so much for stopping by!