SaveSave

Wednesday, 15 April 2015

A little bit of zoo and a hullabaloo!

Hi friends!

I have been a little busy this week. And sorta lazy. In a busy-I-will-stay-in-my-PJs-to-midday kinda way.  

To tell the complete truth, I am being productive while I wait for my files to back up. 

I have a few files. 

And when I say 'a few' I mean half a million.

It is taking some time.

And then some. 

So, if I MUST have the computer switched on, I might as well be productive. 

I have made additions to some growing bundles I am building. Today I added a zoo themed reader and write the room.

 



I also made a zoo themed 'Let's Write' writing prompt. These are all available individually, however if you have the bundles - you can access them in your existing download link!



I am thrilled to finally scratch 'update plant log' from my to-do list. I have been wanting to do this for about a year and am so pleased with how the freshen-up panned out. 


Your students can participate in an in-class science experiment to watch their own seed grow. I suggest planting them on cotton in a clear plastic cup so they can observe and record the development of the plant. 


Their observational recording book is shaped like a cup - they will draw in exactly what they see each day!


And speaking of plants growing - let's talk ice-cream building.

Because they're related. 

I finished a fun new resource this week that has been brewing for a little while. My first graders LOVE changing one letter in a word to make a new one. We start off with one word and write a big long chain of words on the board as they all suggest ideas. It tends to keep going. And going. And going. Even hours later, they are still suggesting a word that will go next. 

It's the small things. 



'Build It Up: cvc Ice Creams' will help your students record such learning. This packet covers cvc words, and I have started another for more challenging words. 


Students trace each word, snip the scoops and then glue them in place. Too easy. And kinda cute.


Speaking of glue. I know - too true......

It's 'Cut and Glue Hullabaloo'! This new packet has been in the works for a few months. I have added a page or two each day. It is a nice simple resource full of practical cut-and-paste reversion worksheets. I like activities like these for fast finishers and table work.  The procedure for completing them is very straight-forward and students will not get into a pickle working on them independently. 

This first edition covers a range of basic kindergarten skills in a 'matching' format. 


You can try one for free today!




Grab it HERE at Google Drive


If you follow my clipart blog, you will know that I am currently celebrating a very special 10,000 followers on TpT. If you have missed out on the news, please head over and read all about it!



Thank you so much for stopping by friends, have a great day! 

1 comment:

Kelly McFarland said...

Wow Mel! I'll say you used your time productively! Looks like a lot of great work. I love your little plant log!

Kelly
Lattes and Lunchrooms