Sunday, 1 February 2015

Sequence and Write - Activities for Beginning Writers


Hi friends! 

I want to share with you today one of my 'Sequence and Write' packets from my newly-completed bundle! This one - 'Balloons for Friends' - could be integrated with a unit of work on Valentine's Day or used at any time through the year. 

These packets are great for encouraging writing and a richer understanding of the visual information in texts. 

My packets include printable posters that you can sequence with your students. I have included both colour and blackline versions. They will print full page, or just use your printer settings to do '4 to a page' to save on paper and ink. 


Discuss with your students, the pictures on each poster and what they are telling you about the story. This will help build your students' awareness of the visual information in texts and how it contributes to meaning. 

Ask students to assist you in creating a story to match the pictures. Undertake a collaborative story writing session and record the story on the board or chart paper. Use the poster cards to match each part of the story. You can use this opportunity to discuss and model writing strategies. 

Students can then sequence their own version of the pictures and glue them into order. 


I have provided both a landscape and portrait version of the worksheet. The pictures would work very well in a writing journal as well, if these lined paper worksheets do not suit your learners. 




Download this packet for FREE for today only. Find it in my TpT store HERE

I have already uploaded it to the 'bundle' that I started quite a few weeks ago, if you have purchased this already - thank you so much and I appreciate your patience and faith in me!


Find the bundle HERE if you are interested in more writing packets like this one. 

I am joining with the girls at Blog Hoppin' for a sale to kick off February! Everything in my store is on sale. 


I also have some exciting news - the winner of the January TpT gift voucher giveaway is Mary! Thank you so much for being a blog reader Mary, I am emailing you now with your voucher.



To enter the February giveaway, simply visit THIS page on my blog each day and enter - it's THAT simple! 

Thank you so much for stopping by my friends, have a great day!