SaveSave

Friday, 15 August 2014

Friday for Five

Or is it 'Five for Friday'. It has been another crazy week for me, and my mind feels like its going backwards at times. We've had a few sick poppets in my household - and now just in time for the weekend, I think I am coming down with something too. Is that not the life of a teacher?!

I had a week full of things I *wanted* to do. How about you?

1. I *wanted* to eat an apple each day and go for an hour run. Instead I laminated. 

I printed and laminated these new 'clip cards' as a new addition to my Apple Fun pack. I like to check that they print and prepare beautifully before they go live. 


I love clip cards, and have some more in my Halloween Games pack. Just in case you *want* to do some running early prep laminating like me too.


2. I *wanted* to get some posts ready for the best blog link-up of the year at Blog Hoppin'. Instead, I made this pretty button for Facebook. Are you linking up? I have linked up for the last year or so, and it is always so much fun! 


3. I *wanted* to get to the end of my to-do list. But alas, it didn't happen. I got to check one off that has been waiting for a long time. A numbers-to-ten version of 'puzzle pastes'. This would be perfect for First Grade review or for new Kinders as you introduce numbers to ten and the alphabet. 

Students will trace and match letters and numbers to create a picture!



4. I *wanted* to do a review of this terrific book 'Wombat Goes to School' for Mrs Jumps Class. My daughter got sick and needed to be picked up early from school instead. Stay tuned for next Tuesday!


5. I *wanted* a nice simple bright idea for the fabulous hop coming very soon. It didn't happen. I had 22 bright ideas. Stay tuned!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Head over to Doodle Bugs for more random Friday fun!




7 comments:

Pixie Anne said...

Those clip cards look great - I've not seen that before and it's a great idea!
Growing Little Learners

Paula Shaw said...

Sorry that you have some 'sickies' this week. Hope you feel better too.
Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

Teaching Eternity said...

I also love clip cards! I have so many different clipit activities. Where do you get your clothespins? I am trying to find a good way to get them in bulk. How do you organize the clipit activities?
Thanks
Michelle

Jem said...

Very cute apples on the clip cards!!

Jemima
Luck's Little Learners

Hello Today Create said...

Cute apples, I love apples. xx

Amanda said...

I have the other wombat books... Diary of Wombat, Diary of a Baby Wombat, Diary of a Christmas Wombat... I had no idea there was a school one! I must buy it right now!! lol. Those back to school puzzle pastes look like fun. :)

Amanda
First Grade Garden

Carol Davis said...

Love LOVE your art work! I think I have everything sciencey you make. I also like your comment about printing things before making them live. I usually print my sets, too, before publishing- but mostly cause I am trying them out with my class!

Thanks,
Carol
Teachers Are Terrific!