Joyful Learning Through Math, Art and Play!

Drawing, Weekly Planning and Honey Cake

Hello from my desk! 

I thought I’d share a few little things from my weekend - some drawing, planning and cake!

A little kitten drawing

Here is a sweet little kitten I drew today on Instagram and added as a reel for you to save and follow along with!

I often warm up with drawing, sketching and planning ideas, and it’s nice to share some of these simple drawings as ideas for you to follow along with too.

You might see this kitten, or the garden, appear in a few of my upcoming learning or creative printable resources — that’s often how ideas tend to go!

You can find more simple drawings to start with crayons and scribbles in my Kinder Drawing Packs:

https://www.fromthepond.com/kinder-drawing

kitten drawing

draw a little kitten

directed drawing in kindergarten

Planning 15 things in 5 days

I’ve also been at my desk planning for the week ahead. If you’re on my Creative Planner newsletter list, you’ll know that last week I updated the Starter Pack to include a “15 in 5 Days” planning layout.

Print a page out and get some quick goals set for the week - and remember, it’s just a plan!

It worked so well for me last week, although instead of keeping mine just in my planner, I jotted my tasks down on sticky notes and put each day into a box on my wall month calendar. It was actually better for me to see everything directly from my desk without having to open my planner.

Here’s the quick routine:
  • Write down 15 things you’d like to do this week.
  • Find the 5 hardest. Put one on each day of the week.
  • Choose 5 more routine tasks. These are things you can do without having to think through too many detailed steps. Put one on each day.
  • Your last 5 are your lovely things or quick wins! Give one to each day.
Now you have 5 days with 3 things each day: one hard, one routine and one lovely!

And if all 15 things you wrote down are hard, keep some for next week! Breaking up the harder things with routine tasks and quick wins can help you build some momentum through the day.

This is the wall month planner I’ve been using:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Month-Planner-Editable-Poster-and-Page-Size-Options-5217382

And you can find more planning layouts in my Creative Planner Pack here:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Teacher-Planner-276667

plan 15 things

wall month

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Teacher-Planner-276667

And finally... cake!

I made Honey Cake with Caramel Icing this week - and took half to my mum!

It’s lovely and simple, and was a new recipe for me to try. I actually had “bake” written on my Saturday and Sunday planner last week as one of the things I love doing and look forward to.

I think it’s nice to have something at the end of the week to look forward to — something you love doing that also gives you a little challenge or lets you learn something new.

For so many years, when I was teaching in the classroom during the week or had little ones to look after here at home, I didn’t have much time for quiet, calm baking. It is so lovely to have some time for it now.

I am enjoying it!

I hope you have a lovely week ahead - with something hard, something easy and something lovely on your list!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig