Joyful Learning Through Math, Art and Play!

Kindergarten Directed Drawing for Writing: New Wagtail!

 Kindergarten Directed Drawing for Writing

It's been a little while since I shared my Hop 1-2-3 To Start Drawing Pack, and I've just added a brand new drawing project—a sweet little wagtail bird! Children will love learning to draw this curious, energetic little bird while building confidence with simple step-by-step drawing. The photo below features the umbrella drawing, but there are lots of fun projects to explore, including the new wagtail!

Directed Drawing Builds Writing Confidence

I love how teachers can use these drawing activities to begin a lesson. Start by modelling how to build a picture with three little hops, then a shape, before adding details to create a simple scene. From there, children can brainstorm descriptive words and use their drawing as inspiration for a short piece of writing. It's an engaging way to combine art, vocabulary, and early writing skills.

Easy Wagtail Bird Drawing for Kindergarten

The pack is also perfect for art projects, early finisher activities, literacy centres, or simply encouraging creativity throughout the year. I hope you and your students enjoy the new wagtail addition! 




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig