Elephant Craft and Writing

Animals are a natural fascination for children. They're often cute, cuddly, and do fascinating things. Beyond sparking engagement and interest, learning about animals can help your children learn about science, the natural word and be a catalyst for writing. 

elephant one page craft from the pond

I have a big collection of coloring pages and crafts in the Pond Coloring Club - and many are animals. If you're looking to incorporate some fine motor practice into your day a paper craft is a great place to start! After reading, watching and talking about an animals you can provide a craft activity through the week. 

Here is an elephant from the club. After cutting and glueing we've added a loopy line pattern. Here you could talk about the short vowel e sound at the beginning of elephant. 

elephant craft from the pond

craft activity elephant for kids

craft activities for kids

elephant art activity

To incorporate writing into your week, use pages from this practical set in my store. Students can draw an animals they've been learning about before completing some factual sentences.

writing about elephants

elephant informational writing

If you're not yet in the Pond Coloring Club with me, I'd love to have you - find out more about it here and let me know if you have any questions. 

I spend my days creating pages and activities for children to keep them excited about learning and I know you'll just love it!