Five for Friday - An Orange Friday

It's Friday - and that means it is time for some weekly randomness.

My Boys

I had to take this snap of my two favourite men early in the week. This is at the lake near where I live. I spent many days on this lake as a child. My dad would always say 'it's as calm as a pond today Mel' - and so, I always affectionately refer to it as 'the pond'.


Train Play

Here is my sweetie having fun with the train set and blocks. I love making beautiful memories with him through the week.

Teacher Eye Candy

I could look at this all day. My teacher friends will understand. That. Is. All.

Laminating

What would a 5 for Friday be without a bit of lamination?! I prepped all the games from my new addition games packet today. Here is a peek.


Orange

Today (March 20) is our national day of action against bullying and violence. It provides for all our schools to say - Bullying. No way!

Many of our schools also took the opportunity to celebrate 'Harmony Day' - a day to celebrate our nation's rich cultural diversity. Our students wear orange clothing for the day and participate in activities to explore, appreciate and understand other cultures.



I got an email yesterday, alerting me to a special campaign to raise awareness of bullying and violence. Bullying affects one quarter of our school students every day! I really wanted to help because bullying is something that as a teacher and parent, I deal with quite a lot.

Buderim Ginger has launched the #GoGinger Challenge and are asking people to take a stand against bullying by snapping a selfie with a 'Tinge of Ginge' (anything from a ginger cat to a ginger wig) and posting it to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook (along with the hashtag #GoGinger and #BullyZero).

Buderim Ginger is going to donate to the anti-bullying charity Bully Zero Australia Foundation based on how many people participate in the challenge. This organisation works to provide support to victims of bullying and their families. You have until April 20th 2015 to show some support!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and be sure to head over to my sweet friend Kacey's blog to catch up on the other posts!