Winter World - I can dream

It seems unusual that on a warm summer day that I am going to spend in my sister's pool I am listing a set of winter themed graphics. Well, I can dream! I am 32 weeks pregnant, and a little cooler weather would be delightful. My dad told me yesterday that a week of 'winter weather' is on its way from tomorrow (we are having a very mild summer), so it has inspired me - along with all the wonderful winter-themed teaching resources I keep seeing on TpT. Mind you, a week of winter-like weather for us, will not include snow and penguins.....but I will be happy to be able to wear some clothes that cover more of my ever-expanding body! O the joy of being pregnant....

Penguin Coloring Page

Penguin Coloring Page

Edited in 2021:
Find this page in Google Drive: Penguin Coloring Page


I have made this coloring page to share with you using the original penguin I shared as clipart in this post when it was first published (see original text below). The clipart was some of the first I made and completely the result of simple experimentation with vector image design using a mouse. Looking back it was like I was blindfolded and drawing with my toes. I could easily sketch with my hand on paper but digitally with a mouse, I was a baby learning to crawl for the first time! I wanted to leave something here on this post so you could see the growth I had made and also because I was very proud of that set. I shared it with other, emerging teacher-authors who went on to create some very popular and successful teaching resources with my whimsical winter cuties.
I would love for you to use these in your next teaching resource files. As well as the coloured pictures, the set includes a line art version of each, to make worksheets easier for you to create. They were fun to make, my 4 year old daughter was captivated and helped me to choose colours and fill in the sections of colour. I did not set out to create a set of graphics to share with you, I was just playing around and experimenting - they are hand-drawn with my computer mouse, so not perfect. But rather than just delete them, I thought some of my blog friends may be able to use some of them at least! I think they are still quite cute and useful for teaching resources. I do have to share a little picture of a blue penguin my 4 year old created after I finished my work. She begged me to let her try. I did help her with all the tools, but the drawing is essentially hers. I was so proud! Have a great day, and think of me floating my worries away like a slow moving whale, in the pool - increasingly becoming the only place I can get comfortable!