Sunday, 20 November 2011

Santa's Sleigh Drop - Free File

Click on the image above to find our super cute new file

I have had so much fun creating this new activity for helping students with subtraction. The file contains game boards, question cards and a worksheet.

Santa will need help loading his sleigh and finding out how many gifts are left over after some are dropped!

I have included activity variations so you can cater for a variety of students - those that are just beginning subtraction should only use the 10 frame boards and cards. There is a 20 grid and cards for more challenge. For some students, you may wish to omit the worksheet and just have lots of fun with the hands-on materials.

I have made this file free for now - please consider taking a look at our other cute Christmas resources and leaving some feedback on TpT.

Have a wonderful week :)

5 comments:

S. Parker said...

Thank you for this generous resource. I am going to adapt it a bit to fit my kinders needs. Perhaps, had some dice or cards to build numbers on the work mats. I will use it as is when I teach first grade next year. :)

Melanie - From the Pond said...

Great advice - thank you! We are in our last 4 weeks of teaching for the school year, so I am probably thinking of my Kinders like they are Yr 1s! :)

Jennifer said...

I just gave you the Sunshine Award :)
http://herdingkats.blogspot.com/2011/11/flu-awards-and-freebies.html

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Kaylee's Education Studio said...

I just downloaded the files. It looks like a great way for students to practice their math facts.

Kaylee's Education Studio

Mrs. Parker said...

Using this center "as is" this year. Featuring it on my blog tonight. :)