Color in the Classroom


I used to have a little stash of giant blue paper rolls for my classroom. Soft blue, very peaceful and  'cooling' apparently. I ran out last year and used black for the majority of my classroom bulletin boards and 'base color'. Having never used black before, I was nervous. But it turned out beautifully.

I used $2 plastic tablecloths from K.Mart after finding rolls of black paper proved to be quite difficult. I used pink, blue and yellow as additional feature colours in my room - little splashes here and there. 

I am starting to plan ideas for 2017 and I am leaning towards blue or green again. If you're about to plan classroom decor, use the list above to think about how colour might affect feelings and behaviour in the classroom. I think simplicity in a palette is important, and try to stick to a maximum of 4 colours for feature objects and displays.


I've just added a new printable to the 'My Cute Classroom' series in my TpT store. These 'display in a day' packets help you create a fun bulletin board, door or window display easily and quickly in your room. They contain editable and backline elements so your students can contribute creatively if you have the time!




Thanks so much for stopping by today - I hope you are having a fabulous week! 

- Mel x