Best Fast Finisher Activities

The best thing I ever did in my K-2 classroom was cater for 'fast finishers' in an engaging and skills-focussed way. Provide independence, freedom and plenty of choice - but a little structure!
Art Cart in the Classroom

Bee Busy Drawers

My 'Bee Busy Drawer' system gives you all the benefits of a structured approach but is open enough to include your own ideas, changes and differentiation. 

Fast finishers drawers

The original packet has 16 printable activities to get you set up and moving with this classroom staple!

Just one of them is the cvc write and wipe cards:

cvc cards
Even if you don't set up the drawers, the 16 printable packets are fantastic for centers and rotations.

cvc activities

Visit these past posts to learn more about our Bee Busy system:

Art Cart

Here at home I have set up an Art Cart for my children. I have a stack of supplies that they can freely use to get creative and busy, including:
  • markers
  • colored pencisl
  • paint
  • white glue
  • notebooks
  • scissors
  • paint brushes
  • play dough
  • play dough tools