Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Teaching About The Olympics



I had to share this little bit of randomness today. I found these Sydney Olympics puzzles when I did a recent clean-up-organise-and-pack-away of all my teaching resources for my maternity leave.

I purchased them 12 years ago when I was doing my Internship at uni for my teaching degree. My Internship fell right at the time of the Sydney 2000 Olympics, and my task was to write a 4 week unit of work on learning about the Olympics. I had these puzzles as one of the play activities for the Kindergarten class I taught. I am planning to dig out my unit and see if it something I can share as I am sure there are many teachers planning some Olympic units right about now.

My premium club friends will find two lovely sets in their inbox this morning. Some little number scribble characters. If you want to find out more about Premium Club, head over to my website, or just email me direct using the contact details here on my blog! 






2 comments:

Lisa R. said...

I love these graphics & was so happy when I opened my email! Thank you! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Mrs Poultney said...

Mel, I was so happy when I got these! I have been looking for fun numbers to use for a special needs student and these fit the bill perfectly! BTW I am loving Premium Club!
Tania
Mrs Poultney's Ponderings