Friday, 4 May 2012

Hip Hip Hooray for 500+

Golly gosh, I am now just over 500! See what happens when you don't watch things too closely....just go about doing what you love and good things will happen. Wise words of the evening and that's all you are going to get, cause I have had a awful busy day with my little bubba. No day with a baby can be too awful, but let me just say that we went "off routine" yesterday to accommodate two appointments I had, and babies of mine do not cope going off their routine - kinda like Kindergarten going "off routine".....I'm sure you know what I mean! It has taken me most of the day today getting him settled again. And what a joy it is, I really can't complain at all.. I am just very tired and have got the "brain fog" happening. If I start to waffle-on, forgive me please!

I created this set of balloons this evening to share with you, as the first of a week of freebies (hopefully) here on my blog! Yay! What better way to celebrate 500+ followers and also Teacher Appreciation week. You can download them at TpT, by clicking on the image below or HERE

I am so excited to have over 700 followers on the graphics store in my TeachersPayTeachers store too. How did that happen? Honestly it's a blur. I have loved every minute of learning how to create the graphics so far. I have been truly overwhelmed by the support and kind words the TpT community have given me. I remember the day I opened my graphics program for the first time and attempted to learn a few things. I was a mess. There were tears. There were harsh words. There may have been a laptop-shaped dent in my wall very misshaped stress ball upon my desk. I almost gave up many, many times....and I cringe when I look at my first attempts....but here I am, doing OK now, still learning new tricks and techniques each day, and absolutely loving it. I especially love opening up Pintrest or having a look through TpT, scrolling through the items, and seeing all the wonderful items people have created with my graphics. I am so glad that I have been able to help other people be creative and inventive.

Hooray for 500 followers, and Hooray for Arrays! This is my latest product on TpT, Teachers Notebook and My Website. You can help your students to learn multiplication with arrays, and they will love using dot stickers to create them in the learning activities in this packet. Pop it on your wishlist at TpT and TN, as I hear there are a few sales coming up ;)



Good night - stay tuned for another 'appreciation' freebie tomorrow!


3 comments:

Ziggyfriends said...

Melanie,
What graphics program do you use to create your graphics? I would love to be able to create some things for my own use, but I don't know what would work best for this. I just want to take my own little doodles, scan them and remove the background so that I can use them effectively. I'm not up to the caliber you guys are, so I'm not going to be creating graphics to sell. But I might sell the work that I use them in. I really can't tell by reading software labels what would work. Everything seems to be aimed at editing photographs, not creating graphics. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ziggyfriends said...

Melanie,
What graphics program do you use to create your graphics? I would love to be able to create some things for my own use, but I don't know what would work best for this. I just want to take my own little doodles, scan them and remove the background so that I can use them effetively. I'm not up to the caliber you guys are, so I'm not going to be creating graphics to sell. But I might sell the work that I use them in,but I might sell the work that I use them in. I really can't tell by reading software labels what would work. Everything seems to be aimed at editing photographs, not creating graphics. Any advice would be appreciated.

Donna
darryl40w@att.net

Melanie - From the Pond said...

Hi Donna,
I will email you now :)
Mel