Sunday, 29 April 2012

More Mother's Day

I just had to share these wonderful books I found while on a quick trip to the shops today (Big W for interested Australian readers). The sleeping and feeding routine we have our little bubba on has a 'nap' time in the afternoon and it encourages you to get baby to sleep in places other than home. So off to the shops it was today and bubba slept the whole time we were there!

I found these little treasures, and am going to read them to my little girl this week and next, in the lead up to Mother's Day. I will of course, find them very useful when I return to the classroom. "More books?" my husband enquired...."Trust me", I replied.


These books were both around $10 and are hardcover - got to love that!

My Mum's the Best has beautiful illustrations on mother and baby animals - you should see the frogs! Short rhythmic text that your students will love.

The Greatest Mother's Day of all brought big smiles to my face - especially the page that tells of Dad running out of time to find something smelly, and needing to get home to watch the football on the telly!

What Mother's Day books do you read in your classroom? Does your school celebrate with the mothers?

Download this worksheet and have your students make a picture of a vase of flowers to give their mum/mom. It is for your personal use only and cannot be used commercially or redistributed.




2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love this and will use it with my intervention groups. I really like that it does not say "mom" on it because so many of my students live with grandmothers or aunts. This is perfect!

Stop by and visit my new blog.
Reading Toward the Stars

applesandabcs said...

Those books look adorable!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's