Wednesday, 30 November 2011

My First Day of Summer ?!

My husband just reminded me that tomorrow is the first day of summer. He did this as I was proudly showing him the "Winter Wonderland" frames/borders I created today..... it does sound crazy!

We celebrate Christmas here in Australia with many traditional images of Christmas in the snow, chimneys, grand hot roast dinners and Santa in his thick red winter coat. We do all this in the knowledge that the vast majority of our country never sees snow fall. We spend Christmas day with bright sunny blue skies and with very hot temperatures.

Anyhow, I have enjoyed playing around with creating graphics today, and would love you to download these for FREE. Just click on the image below. Maybe one day I can have a Christmas in a winter wonderland!!



5 comments:

Deedee Wills said...

Well, you are welcome to come and visit us! We are expecting a little snow soon.

Yesterday I had recess duty and I was freezing! In a few weeks we ALL be begging to come and see you!

Erica Bohrer said...

LOL, for a second, I thought I read that wrong. It has been unusually warm here in NY, but I already miss the summer.

Hadar said...

Too cute!! Thank you! And I am extremely jealous!! Although it still is pretty warm here in California! :)

Hadar

Melanie - From the Pond said...

Thank you for your comments :) I spent my first day of summer in jeans and a long sleeved T Shirt - we had an unusually cool day! Must be all the fake snow we are spraying around the edges of our windows...he he! It really is madness, but we wouldn't have it any other way - just would not feel like Christmas :)

Kristin said...

I just found you through Miss Kindergarten! WOW!!! I love your stuff!! I'm your newest follower - and I'm a little obsessed now.
(I have also had an Australian penpal since the 6th grade! But now we Facebook.)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher