Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Three Little Pigs Cut and Paste FREEBIE


We are doing a unit of work on fairytales this term in my kindergarten classroom. I love teaching this unit and linking it with a writing unit on narratives. The traditional fairytales show a lovely clear narrative structure. We also like reading some modern versions of fairytales and comparing the themes and topics that are explored in both.

Here is a little cut-and-paste transformation worksheet. Your students will need to read the sentence then cut and paste the jumbled words into the correct order to match.

I like to first model this process with enlarged word cards (written on index cards) and model some reading behaviours as well as writing.

Click on the image above to download the free file, or click HERE.

4 comments:

Crayons and Curls said...

Thank you for this! We are working on words in a sentence this week and the letter Pp, so this fits perfect! Thank you for sharing! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Sharon said...

Thank you! I love these activities!

Mrs. Cole said...

I love new ways to teach skills. My kids will love this.

Diana
coleslittlepups.blogspot.com

Melanie - From the Pond said...

No worries, I am glad you like them :)